Hey, guess what!? We’re looking for a Virtual Office Manager to help us manage the every-day details of running our consulting practice. We currently have an absolutely brilliant team member in this role who will be moving onto bigger and better things in the fall.
This is a paid hourly contract position–you work from home and would probably start out as a 12-or-so hour per week role, with room for growth as we grow 🙂 That said, we are currently growing rapidly, and so the ideal candidate would have room and desire to grow into a 20-30 hour a week position over the next year.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is highly organized, detail-oriented, and serious about organization and processes (like, you organize-your-closet-by-color-and-alphabetize-your-spices-type-organized). You probably have done event planning or bookkeeping because you’re good at logistics and details, and you like to write lists and work from a checklist at all times.
- Enjoys working alone most of the time. While you will be in communication with Brie and other team members, as well as with clients, regularly, the work you’ll be doing is typically alone. If you’re the type of person who likes to chit-chat with people and interact with friends a lot during your work day, this probably isn’t right for you.
- Has the flexibility to work at least 1-4 hours each day of the week (excluding Saturday and Sunday) – preferably split between the morning and late afternoon/evening. Certain tasks must be done on Friday of each week, requiring several hours.
- Knows their way around a computer, apps, and various cloud-based software. Thinks that “everything is figure-out-able”. Is “tech savvy” with things like Office, Google Docs, Excel sheets, scheduling, email, ordering things online, etc.
- Is extremely dependable… not the “This usually doesn’t happen, but it happened again” type.
- Doesn’t take things personally, have feelings hurt easily or get offended. Stays objective and likes to always use logic to make decisions. This trait is extremely important for the customer service aspect of this role. Many of our clients just don’t feel so good when they initially start working with us….as a result, they can be slightly less than patient, have a lot of questions, get a bit grouchy, or need things explained to them in more than one way. Having extra patience and compassion, and/or having had experience either recovering from health issues, or living with someone who has, is a plus here.
If you’re the type of person who likes “creative” work, where you interact with a lot of people in a lively physical environment and chit-chat at the coffee machine….. and deal with a lot of different types of complex challenges….. then this probably is NOT right for you. This is more of what we would call “organizer” work, and will require you to keep checklists and work through specific processes.
On the other hand… if you’re the type of person who loves organizing things, operating efficiently and using checklists, and basically becoming better and better at running through a pre-planned process, (or, having the vision to make suggestions for improving upon what we already have developed) then this might be perfect for you!
As the Virtual Office Manager, you’ll be ordering tests, ordering supplements, setting up new patient charts, processing orders, filing test results, etc. This role does involve interaction with our clients or customers via email on a daily basis.
No questions please.
To apply, click below and respond to the questions by WED 9/19.
We can’t wait to meet you! 🙂